Surprise…. I’m 28 today (Happy birthday to me). So I thought I’d share 28 things learned over these 28 years of life…. And hopefully pass on some words of wisdom – or not.
- Self care isn’t selfish, it’s a necessity – even if you’ve only got 5 minutes. Take that time for yourself and check in regularly. *
- Asking for help doesn’t equal weakness – coming from someone who used to be ashamed of asking for help.
- Knowledge really is power.
- Money doesn’t equal happiness – but can be a tool towards happiness *
- Time is precious – treasure every second with loved ones and make the most out of every day.
- Peoples negative opinions of you aren’t a reflection of you, they’re a reflection of them.
- You really can’t help stupid……
- Time doesn’t really heal grief… grieving does, but grieving takes time.
- Sometimes friends are only temporary and that’s okay.
- School is not the be all and end all… you’ll spend more of your life out of school than in it, so stop worrying about it.
- Mistakes happen, it’s whether you learn from them or not which is more important.
- Everybody makes mistakes.
- You are not perfect, and neither is that model on instagram.
- Romance isn’t like the movies… and neither is sex. *
- You’re allowed to say no to anything you don’t want to do, and it’s okay!
- Your parents will always get on your nerves..
- And you will always be a child in their eyes.
- There is never a point where you suddenly become an adult….
- Never stay in a job you hate.. *
- Be okay with letting things go – you can’t take it with you in the end anyway.
- Bit morbid but we’re all heading towards death – so live a little first.
- Never put off doing something you really love. unless its drugs… don’t do drugs.
- Age really is just a number.
- Fall in love.. with as many people as you can. *
- You can’t make everyone like you…. and you can’t like everybody else – no matter how hard you try.. some people are just arseholes.
- People can be arseholes… leave them to it
- Stop cringing when people talk about sex… how do you think you got here?
- You should never, ever stop learning!
There we have it, 28 things I’ve learned over my entire life… I could have probably carried on going, but I stuck with 28. I’ve also put (*) next to some to identify some upcoming posts.
I hope you liked it, if you’ve got a similar blog post leave it in the comments 🙂 I’d love to give it a read.